7.27.2015

Progress



I hadn't done much colorwork before my Danae Mitts last winter. I enjoyed every minute of those mitts and added many many fair aisle projects to my Ravelry queue. Many of these projects are not Southern Cal appropriate... boo hoo. But I decided that a small project for a friends baby boy would help satisfy my craving.

I decided on this free pattern by Tina Barrett. I had enough stashed Shibui yarn from my KP days and decided to cast on right away. I'm loving the color combo I chose (well, truth be told I gave a lot of yarn away when I moved so I didn't have much of a choice... more, I got lucky with what I saved).
All I have left are the two sleeve ribbed edges and it's ready o go out in the mail!

In other knitting news, I did a little rav research and found a knitting a group that meets regularly on Tuesdays very near my house. I joined the group and received a very sweet message from one of the members. I'm really looking forward to meeting some new people and having some me time. Ravelry is such a great community!


No comments:

Post a Comment